DREW + JULIA ARE GETTING MARRIED
Time & Location
About the Event
As the wedding approaches we wanted to give a little update on a few things.
The top of our priority list is safety and making sure we create an environment where everyone feels comfortable. We have thought long and hard about measures we can take to make this wedding as safe as possible.
· All recommended COVID guidelines are in place to be followed.
· We are expecting around 150 people, which we know is large, but the entire wedding is outdoors, and there is lots of space for people to social distance.
· All tables will be 2 metres apart with a maximum of 6 people per table.
· All of the food will be individually packaged. The food will be accessible in a tent outside where we will only be allowing a limited amount of people in at a time.
· We will have social distancing markers in place at the bar and the bathrooms, and kindly ask that everyone be respectful and follow these markers.
· If you want to wear a mask absolutely feel free to do so, but as it is outside we will not be enforcing it.
· If you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 you should follow guidelines and self isolate.
Most importantly, if you feel at all concerned or apprehensive about coming, there is no pressure to attend. We completely understand and will respect everyone's decision.
If you are planning to camp and need to set up a tent we encourage you to come around 4:00 so that you are ready to go by 5:00! There’s a lot of space to set up camp, so please mind your location to other tents. If you would like to distance yourself from noise (we expect the party to go quite late) there is a secondary spot for you to camp that is tucked farther back and is walkable in under 10 minutes. There will not be bathrooms in this location.
· We will have signs and someone around to help with parking.
· There is access to waterfront, please do not go down to the water alone and please do not swim if you are intoxicated.
· We will have an open bar until we run out, and from there it is BYOB. There are people serving drinks and helping out. Please bring cash to tip your bartenders.
· We will have a light breakfast and coffee set up by 9:30am the next day.
Should anything come up on our end that requires changes etc., we will let you know asap. Other than that we look forward to seeing you all on September 5th!
Sylvan Lake is 1.5 hours from Calgary so we will make sure there will be plenty of space allocated for tents and RV’s. If camping isn’t your thing, we would suggest booking a hotel or an Airbnb in town (10 minute drive) or Red Deer (30 minute drive). Then there is always the option of having a designated driver to head back to Calgary after the wedding. Please note that while not impossible, it is difficult to call taxis to the location.
We will have food tables set up for snacking and drinks will be available until we run out. We would encourage you to BYOB if you feel like you might want to get wild, and especially if you are planning to stay over. We will also be providing a light breakfast and coffee Sunday morning.
Wear whatever you want! If you want to dress up, DO IT! If you’d prefer jeans and a hoodie, DO IT! We want you to be comfortable. All that said, this is an outdoor wedding so come prepared. This means layers, comfortable shoes etc.
We have lived together for many years and have more stuff than we need. We already have a fondue pot, popcorn maker, tupperware in the shape of an avocado, what else could we need?! We politely ask that if you would like to give a gift, consider giving money that will contribute to our future together!
Enter 52°22'39.5"N 114°08'27.9"W into google maps, if this doesn't work please send a text to Drew at 403-999-0848 and he will drop you a pin!
We hope to see you there!